Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Old friends always make me smile

I was blessed by a phone call from our dear friend tonight. I haven't talked to her in a while but we just picked up right where we left off. We've know her for 13 years. Lauren was only two and still an only child. How times have changed. Old friends are the best. They know you in ways you don't always know yourself. The name of my blog actually comes from a series of conversations I had with her. Anytime I was going to say something that I was unsure of how it would be received, I would start by saying "I know this sounds weird but...". The joke was when I wrote my first book that's what I should call it. No book - baby steps. Blog first. Maybe a real journal with pages of paper. Ohhh, scary.


Since it has been a while since I have talked to this dear friend, we talked a lot about the kids and how much they have changed. So for Emilia's Godmother - Here are some photos of the kids.




Three goofy kids at the beach.


Emilia with her grandma Dee.




Finally the image and words that strikes fear in a father's heart - Lauren - 15 - PROM!

1 comment:

Irreverent Mommy said...

Oh my lord...prom.....noooooooo! It's just plain wrong!

Love, Annalisa