Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's Burt Ziggernaut's Birthday!


Burt Ziggernaut is 11 years old. He always has been and always will be 11. He has a best friend named Mary Croquet, she is 9.

I first met Burt and Mary when my daughter, Lauren was 3 years old. She would run through my parents house calling "Burt, Burt, Where are you?". A voice would answer her from my dad's recliner, "Here I am Mary!". They would bow and curtsy to each and go off on a wonderful adventure.

Having children has helped me to see a new and wonderful side to my Dad. He played with me when I was a kid but to view it from the outside looking in has been a gift. I love watching him with my kids. He and Isaac have their own sign language and love to tease my mom with it! Emilia is his special helper and has become really good at setting mole traps! (Yuck!)

It's been a fun journey for me to see my Dad as a person and not just my "Dad". He's a great person, a great dad , and a wonderful Papa. I love him very much.



Happy 76th birthday, Daddy!

1 comment:

Irreverent Mommy said...

I also love this man & his Noassatall joke!