Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blogs. The internet. The world wide web. What amazing tools we have at our fingertips. I can write anything I want and send it out into cyberspace and someone from half way across the world can read it. How cool is that? When Beth was in Africa, I was able to follow her journey on her blog. It helped me to feel closer to her in some way. I have other blogs I check on a regular basis. Through this amazing tool, I have been able to watch some friends children grow up through stories and pictures. Money and time doesn't allow us the luxury of getting to visit on a regular basis. That's where the internet steps in.
When I first started blogging, it was just for me. It was just something I had wanted to do. I never really thought about other people reading my blog. On the day after Thanksgiving, I logged onto my blog to find a surprise. One of my cousins, Kate, had found my blog and left me a comment. It was kind of exciting. I haven't talked to her in a long time but just by reading my blog, she's all caught up with what is going on in my world now. So, if you have stopped by to read my random thoughts and rants, let me know who you are. Just drop me a comment and let me know who you are. I may have to start watching my language!

No comments: